Reflection, due in 24 hours 7 paegs
Analysis and Reflection Assignment #1: Conflict
Using the text, Have a Nice Conflict, analyze a personal conflict you have experienced in the last 12-18 months. Follow these steps:
1. EXPLAIN: Briefly explain the conflict (who was involved, when, what the issue was, what exactly was said or done to create the conflict.)
2. ANALYZE and EVALUATE: Analyze and evaluate the conflict using the core principles of anticipate, prevent, identify, manage and resolve (as outlined in the textbook). Include the following as you reflect, analyze, and evaluate the conflict:
a. SDI and Motivational Values
· Discuss your MVS, how does your unique colour show up in this conflict? Where do your strengths or weaknesses show up in the conflict?
· What about the other person/party – what might their motivational value system be? Please give an example.
· What do you think were the intentions or motivations of the other person/party? What were your primary motivations or intentions in this conflict? Provide an example to illustrate.
b. Was the conflict resolved?
· If YES, explain the resolutions and evaluate the result.
· If NO, discuss what you could do to resolve it or even if it can be resolved.
c. Provide examples to support your ideas
3. RECOMMENDATIONS: Based on what you have learned in the book, lectures, activities and your own SDI assessments, answer the following in your recommendations:
a. What 1-2 key things did you learn about yourself as you look back at this conflict?
b. What 1-2 key things might you do differently in future conflicts?