Data Mining questions
1. What’s noise? How can noise be reduced in a dataset?
2. Define outlier. Describe 2 different approaches to detect outliers in a dataset.
3. Give 2 examples in which aggregation is useful.
4. What’s stratified sampling? Why is it preferred?
5. Provide a brief description of what Principal Components Analysis (PCA) does. [Hint: See Appendix A and your lecture notes.] State what’s the input and what the output of PCA is.
6. What’s the difference between dimensionality reduction and feature selection? 7. What’s the difference between feature selection and feature extraction?
8. Give two examples of data in which feature extraction would be useful.
9. What’s data discretization and when is it needed?
10. How are the Correlation and Covariance, used in data pre-processing?
Textbook: Tan, P., Steinbach, M. & Kumar, V. (2019). Introduction to data mining. 2nd Edition. Boston: Pearson Addison Wesley. ISBN 0-13-312890-3
Any references used for the study.
Can't find what you are looking for?
Please post your question here and get help from one of our expert tutors in topics ranging from mathematics to rocket science!
Post your question on More Essays and get help from one of our expert tutors in topics ranging from mathematics to rocket science!
It’s that time again! Fall is right around the corner, and you know what that means: it’s time to hit the books.
Whether you’re a student who needs help with an upcoming assignment or an educator who needs help with their students’ homework, Moreessays.com has the answers you seek. We have affordable prices and an army of professional editors who are always ready to help.
- On-Time delivery
- High-Quality papers
- Weekly Discounts
- Free Revisions
- 24/7 LiveChat support
- User-Friendly Ordering System
- Referral Bonuses
- Lifetime discount Codes